In recent years I’ve come to realize that people are a little surprised when they meet me because I get very comfortable with them — and very quickly. It’s just the way I always have been — a personality quirk — you could call it. But, alas, it’s the way I am and how I’ll most likely always be. I have very few formalities with people and that’s just how I like things to be.
Since I just uprooted myself to a new city, I’ve been meeting people by the hoards. And on that note — while I might not have many formalities with strangers — I often forget that normal people have a natural phase that they go through with people they meet before they let their guard down and reveal their real personalities. It’s not that I strive to be best friends with everyone I meet; it’s more that I naturally connect very easily with people.
In the spirit of opening up today (as if my blog wasn’t enough of an open book), here are 5 more things you should know about me right away — whether we’ve met, will meet, or know each other really well already:
- I care what people think about me but only in selective situations. I am who I am, so if you judge me because I’m weird, honest, and because I talk a lot (yes, I do — sorry) or for any other stupid thing, then I really won’t care. If you have a bad opinion of me because of a misunderstanding — or, worse — something that’s not even true, then it’ll probably eat me alive.
- One of my favorite things to do to go out and dance — and I mean actually dance — not get groped and wedged in the middle of a half-clothed orgy. It’s just not fun for me. What’s more is that I don’t like turning guys down when they ask because it makes me feel like a bitch. I’m not trying to be, but I just want to dance. I’m sorry — don’t hate me! (See, refer to #1.)
- My relationships are really important to me, and it really offends me when people give me stupid reasons like, “I’m bad at keeping in touch,” or something equally childish and think they’re acceptable excuses for being absent. I take it personally because I work hard at my relationships, and I’m not bad at keeping in touch. Oh, that also goes for canceling plans on me last-minute and thinking that’s okay — it’s not. (If I’m ever guilty of this, you’ll probably have to tell me to stop apologizing.)
- Deep down I really do think things fall into place a certain way for a reason, but I think I lost sight of that for a while and hindsight really helps me put things into perspective a lot.
- People call me bossy, but I would prefer to say that I’m a delegator…or a leader sounds good, too…
What would you tell people right away if you had the chance to give them a disclaimer?
- 25 Things I Hate (thetitlegoeshere.wordpress.com)
- Quirks- We’re All Just A Little Weird (jennielately.wordpress.com)
- 10 Quotes That Have Given Me Perspective on Life (So Far…)
- I Was Born This Way…So Stop Trying to Change Me!
- Inspiration Series: Feel Good Tips (even if you think you are in deep sh*t!) (higherpotential.wordpress.com)
- Take me for who I am and what I strive for (eatclimblive.wordpress.com)