I know in the last couple of years, Apple released their new line of Macs that are so smartly NOT made white (even though I like the sleek look of the old Mac laptops) and definitely not of the same polycarbonate(?) material as the older generation. I have one of those and one of my main concerns has always been how dirty it gets. Actually – all laptops probably just get as grimy and dirty – but with these white Macs, it’s so obvious.
I have seen some NASTY Macs out there, and this is especially for you out there! I thought mine was bad, but I have seen some that are so visibly dirty, it looks like someone went straight from gardening to their computer. Gross! So, how do you clean it? I was once advised to try to clean with nail polish remover. While it helped a LITTLE – it really didn’t do anything, and I doubt it was too safe for the surface. I have the solution for you – it’s cheap, easy, and super effective!!
MR. CLEAN MAGIC ERASERS!
Yes, these little erasers are truly magic – at least when it comes to cleaning your Mac! You don’t even need to buy the fancy ones that are made for extreme cleaning – the basic ones will work just fine. They’re about $2 for 2 (they also make 4-packs) and you can get them at any grocery store. This is what you need to do:
- Turn off your computer.
- Wet the eraser and squeeze out ALL the water.
- In circular motions, start wiping your hand board down. You will literally see the dirt start to loosen up (even if it was only visible at an angle before)!
- Wipe down your keys and basically every inch of the computer. It even works on the top and bottom (there’s usually a lot of accumulated dirt on the bottom)
- Flip over and wipe it down once more to finish the job and let dry!
- Rinse your eraser out and squeeze out the water and store. (I’l just pop it back into the box!)
And Voila! You now have a spick and span, WHITE Mac again!
NOTE: This works for any laptops to remove dirt and oil, not just for Macs. So give it a shot and feel the difference!